Metal straws may be eco-friendly, but a coroner has warned of the potential dangers they pose after a woman in England died last year in a freak accident.
Elena Struthers-Gardner, 60, sustained a traumatic brain injury after falling while carrying a mason jar-styled drinking glass that had a screw-top lid at her home in Dorset on Nov. 22, an inquest heard on Monday. [...]
When Struthers-Gardner fell, officials said the 10-inch metal straw pierced through her eye and into her brain.
I'll stick with plastic straws.