The arrest of actress Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin in a massive college admissions cheating scandal in which they're alleged to have paid huge sums of money to secure places for their children at top universities is reverberating around Hollywood.
And on Tuesday, Rob Lowe was among the stars who felt the need to comment publicly on the news while defending the achievements of his own college-educated kids.
The former West Wing star, 54, retweeted a post by his youngest son John Owen Lowe and added: 'Very proud of my honest, hardworking sons.'
(Laughs.) It's too late. The credentials are largely meaningless. Why?
- The curriculum has been watered down.
- The pro-Jewish bias at the Ivy League schools.
- Discrimination against capable Whites and Asians.
- The acceptance of incapable Blacks which magnifies racism.
- And now, this: the bribing of college staff to accept precious snowflakes.
Unless, your son is in a hardcore STEM discipline, university is a waste of time and money. That's the puzzling aspect. When you're wealthy, why even bother with getting in the place? Plenty of smart people who become rich don't even finish college. In short: value diminished and status shattered.