I was cleaning up my room today and I came across a letter I received late last month. I had forgotten about it. Then I realized that I've been unintentionally deceiving my readers for all this time!
You see, I received a letter from Citizenship and Immigration Canada some months ago. It told me to visit the Immigration Office within the city for an interview in late October. I put on my best clothes and went there on the scheduled day. Then in late November I got another letter.
At the top of my blog it says "convention-refugee". But that's not correct.
I'm now a permanent resident of Canada.
My permanent resident card was enclosed in the letter which I received in late November. I put it on the side of my room with my already-read books and I forgot about it -- out of sight, out of mind. Today I was throwing out old receipts and tidying up when I came upon it.
I just had to share!
Here's the essential history of my case:
- September 09, 2006: I write about the horrible meeting which took place with the refugee board on the previous day. This meeting was for setting the time for the hearing, during which a judge would decide whether my refugee claim has merit or not.
- September 09, 2006: The Blogosphere on fire!
- September 25, 2006: Why I am asking for asylum in Canada.
- November 09, 2006: Citizens of the free world -- from Israel, Australia, Britain, the US and Canada -- donate enough money to cover my legal fees.
- January 04, 2007: A most brief description of the hearing.
- January 08, 2007: A detailed post about the fateful hearing.