Done With Mirrors has tagged me with the 7x7 Meme. It's quite a pleasant surprise to be tagged and have myself on his blogroll.
The meme goes like this:
- Seven things to do before I die
- Seven things I cannot do
- Seven things that attract me to (...)
- Seven things I say most often
- Seven books (or series) that I love
- Seven movies I watch over and over again (or would if I had time)
- Seven people I want to join in, too.
1. Things to do before I die
- See Canada join the Coalition of the Willing.
- Witness the crushing of Islamism.
- Visit the sites where battles of the Second World War took place.
- Buy a house.
- Get married.
- Have kids...my favorite number is four.
- Raise the kids to be far better than I.
2. Things I cannot do
- Play a musical instrument.
- Drive a car.
- Watch a reality show.
- Pause blogging for even a day.
- Buy books in paperback...I love the (expensive!) hardcover.
- Have a coherent conversation with my siblings.
- Drink room-temperature pepsi / coke. It has to be chilled.
3. Things that attract me to ... blogging
- Provide a small voice to the pro-West side in the on-going war.
- Rhetorically take apart the Islamists and their supporters and apologists.
- Often times I see or read something that bugs me and the blog allows me to write about it, instead of mumbling my mini-fisking at the TV or the computer.
- Build up a resource and in the process showcase my surreal life.
- There are no deadlines. I write at my own pace.
- My vocabulary and writing style has improved.
- I didn't realize this before I started blogging but I actually like to construct thoughts, write them out and then polish them. And I get to do that for the things that interest me.
4. Things I say most often
- "There they go again." They being the Democrats.
- "It's not because of something the West has done,..." Trying to explain why Islamists hate the West.
- "Who is that?" This question comes up when someone is talking about "a star," often, a star from the latest reality show.
- "Allah be praised!" I say that when Islamists get killed.
- "We are in the midst of the Fourth World War." That always gets attention.
- "There are three types of people in this world. One who are good at math and the other who aren't." I often say that when I am helping out someone with a major math problem.
5. Books I love
- A Clockwork Orange
- Brave New World
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- The Second World War (currently reading the 5th book)
- "Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman!"
- What Do You Care What Other People Think?
6. Movies I watch over and over again
- 12 Angry Men
- Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence
- Lawrence of Arabia
- The Matrix (mostly for the lobby scene and, of course, bullet time)
- Scent of a Woman
- The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
7. Christmas came a little early for: